CQ-100 Nitrate Removal Filtration Media
Crystal Quest Nitrate Removing Filters contain the Nitrate Removing media called CQ-100. CQ-100 is a strong base anion exchange resin supplied in the chloride form as moist, tough, uniform spherical beads. It is
especially useful in nitrate removal applications due to its ability to remove nitrates preferentially in the presence of sulfates and other divalent
ions. The use of RESINTECH CQ-100 eliminates nitrate dumping and retains a greater degree of its operating capacity in the presence of high levels of sulfates where standard anion resins, would suffer loss in operating efficiencies and exhibit nitrate dumping in the presence of sulfates.
CQ-100 is also intended for use in applications involving monovalent and divalent ions where the monovalent ion must be removed preferentially, such as in removing perchlorates from ground waters.
Features & Benefits
- HIGHEST OPERATING CAPACITY OF ANY NITRATE SELECTIVE RESIN: The unique amine functional group has been optimized to retain the highest operating capacity for a selective resin.
- NSF/ANSI-44/61 CERTIFIED
- HIGHLY UNIFORM PARTICLE SIZE, LOW PRESSURE DROP:
16 to plus 50 mesh range; giving a LOWER PRESSURE DROP while maintaining SUPERIOR KINETICS.
- SUPERIOR PHYSICAL STABILITY: 93 percent plus sphericity and high crush strengths together with a very uniform particle size provide greater
resistance to bead breakage.
The operating capacity of RESINTECH SIR-100-HP for nitrate removal at various regeneration levels when treating an influent with a concentration of 500 ppm, as CaCO3, is shown in the table above.Suggested Operating Conditions:
- Maximum Temperature, Salt form: 170oF
- Minimum Bed Depth: 24 inches
- Backwash Rate: 50 to 75 % Bed Expansion
- Regenerant Concentration: 2 percent
- Regenerant Flow Rate: 0.25 to 1.0 gpm / cu. ft.
- Regenerant Contact Time: At least 30 Minutes
- Regenerant Level: 2 to 15 pounds / cu. ft.
- Displacement Rinse Rate: Same as Regenerant Flow
- Displacement Rinse Volume: 10 to 15 Gallons / cu. ft.
- Fast Rinse Rate: Same as Service Flow Rate
- Fast Rinse Volume: 35 to 60 gal. / cu. ft.
- Service Flow Rate: 2 to 4 gpm / cu. ft.
The unique functional group gives CQ-100 over 25 times greater affinity for absorbing monovalent ions against multivalent ions than standard Type 1 or Type 2 strong base anion resins at 500 ppm TDS.
- Nitrate Removal from Potable Waters -
- RESINTECH SIR-100-HP removes nitrates efficiently with low leakage.
- Its unique amine functional group eliminates the possibility of nitrate dumping, which can occur with other standard types of resins.
- CQ-100 meets potable water requirements for all major
- Perchlorate in ground waters has been identified as a nuisance and potential health hazard. The perchlorate ion is so strongly attracted to anion exchange resins that in some cases it makes regeneration impractical. However, perchlorate concentration is usually so low that multivalent ions such as sulfate can dramatically reduce the loading for perchlorate by normal resins. CQ-100 can be used in these applications to maintain high loading and favorable economics. When used in conjunction with other exchangers it can become part of
a superior process offering a high kinetic rate to make otherwise slow processes operate at a faster rate.
- Chemical Processing and Resource Recovery -
CQ-100 can be used to remove certain monovalent
ions like nitrates, bromides, iodides, etc. from streams containing multivalent ions.
Not All Water Filter Systems Are Created Equal!
Crystal Quest® water filters remove hundreds of contaminants and LAST A LONG TIME. The unique high capacity and multi-stage design means no more over-priced and less effective water filters with replacement filter cartridges that have to be replaced every 100 to 500 gallons!
Pure Water Essentials offers Crystal Quest® water filtration products because Crystal Quest utilizes the latest technologies in the water industry coupled with 30 years of manufacturing expertise to provide you with high capacity, the most effective, healthiest and great-tasting water conveniently and at the most affordable price. Crystal Quest products are attractive, easy to install and use.
Crystal Quest Water Filter Reviews
The CRYSTAL QUEST® Pitcher Water Filter and Shower Filter were awarded "Best Buys" in the August 2006 issue of Consumers Digest magazine.
The CRYSTAL QUEST® Pitcher Water Filter, Shower Filters, Faucet Mount Water Filters, Countertop Plus Water Filter, Reverse Osmosis Filters, Refrigerator Filters, and Travel Water Filters have been recommended in "The Drinking Water Book - How to Eliminate Harmful Toxins From Your Water" (second edition 2006) by Colin Ingram, on pages 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 134 and 160.