CQ-Ca Acid Neutralizing Filter Media
Crystal Quest Acid Neutralizing filters contain the Acid Neutralizing media, CA-Ca®. CQ-Ca® is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of CQ-Ca® is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not overcorrect under normal conditions. Upon contact with CQ-Ca®, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH, which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems. Periodic backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the media bed will have to be periodically replenished as CQ-Ca® is depleted. As the CQ-Ca’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.ADVANTAGES:
- Naturally occurring material
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Slower reacting for controlled pH correction
- Color: Near white
- Bulk Density: 90 lbs./cu. ft.
- Mesh Size: 16 x 40
- Specific Gravity: 2.7
- Effective Size: 0.4 mm
- Uniform Coefficient: 1.5
- Hardness: 3.0 (Mohs scale)
- Composition: CaCO3, 95% min. MgCO3, 3.0% max.
CONDITIONS FOR OPERATION
- A gravel support bed is recommended
- Water pH range: 5.0-7.0
- Bed depth: 24-30 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Backwash rate: 8-12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 35% of bed depth
- Service flow rate: 3-6 gpm/sq. ft. but may be modified to adapt to local conditions
- Service flow rate: 6 gpm
- Backwash rate: 5 gpm
- pH: 6.5-9.0
- Bed depth: application dependent
- Backwash flow rate: 14gpm
- Backwash expansion: 15-30% of bed depth
- 7 gpm service flow rate
- Freeboard: 40% of bed depth (min.)
- Service Flow Rate: Service flow rate is the maximum gallons per minute recommended for obtaining excellent water quality. Exceeding the service flow rate will cause a reduction in the product water quality.
- Backwash Flow Rate: Backwash flow rate is the minimum gallons per minute recommended for proper reclassification of the media or resin. Insufficient backwash flow rate will cause inadequate media or resin reclassification and, over time, may reduce its effectiveness.
- Calculating Your Flow Rate: You will need a watch with a second hand and a 1 or 5 gallon container to measure your flow rate with the instructions below.
- Using the bathtub as the measuring point, open BOTH the hot and cold water faucets completely (If you have a well water supply, wait until the pump kicks on before continuing.)
- Place either a 1 or 5 gallon container under the faucet and measure the amount of time it takes to fill the container in seconds.
- Refer to the chart below. Find the row on the left that contains the size of the container you used to fill with water, either 1 or 5 gallons.
- Then, find the column across the top that is closest to the number of seconds in took to fill the container.
- The value in the table at the intersection of the row and column you determined is your flow rate in gallons per minute.
|Seconds to Fill Container
|Container Capacity (gal)
Not All Water Filter Systems Are Created Equal!
Crystal Quest® water filters remove hundreds of contaminants and LAST A LONG TIME. The unique high capacity and multi-stage design means no more over-priced and less effective water filters with replacement filter cartridges that have to be replaced every 100 to 500 gallons!
Pure Water Essentials offers Crystal Quest® water filtration products because Crystal Quest utilizes the latest technologies in the water industry coupled with 30 years of manufacturing expertise to provide you with high capacity, the most effective, healthiest and great-tasting water conveniently and at the most affordable price. Crystal Quest products are attractive, easy to install and use.
Crystal Quest Water Filter Reviews
The CRYSTAL QUEST® Pitcher Water Filter and Shower Filter were awarded "Best Buys" in the August 2006 issue of Consumers Digest magazine.
The CRYSTAL QUEST® Pitcher Water Filter, Shower Filters, Faucet Mount Water Filters, Countertop Plus Water Filter, Reverse Osmosis Filters, Refrigerator Filters, and Travel Water Filters have been recommended in "The Drinking Water Book - How to Eliminate Harmful Toxins From Your Water" (second edition 2006) by Colin Ingram, on pages 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 134 and 160.