CQ-PY Iron, Manganese, & Hydrogen Sulfide Filtration Media
Crystal Quest Iron, Sulfer, and Manganese water filtration systems contain the Iron, Sulfer, and Manganese removing media CQ-PY. A naturally mined ore, CQ-PY effectively reduces iron, sulfur and manganese from problem water. CQ-PY ® is a mineral form of manganese dioxide which has been used in water treatment for more than 75 years. CQ-PY ® is a granular filtration media for hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese reduction. CQ-PY ® functions as a catalyst, but itself remains relatively unchanged. CQ-PY ® works on a principle whereby the hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese are oxidized and trapped on the media while simple backwashing cleans the bed. No chemical regeneration is required, nothing is imparted into the drinking water and CQ-PY ® has a high capacity for low contaminant concentrations. CQ-PY ® can be used in conjunction with aeration, chlorination, ozone or other pretreatment methods for difficult applications. Chlorine or other oxidants accelerate the catalytic reaction.
Because of its heavy weight, it is very important that CQ-PY ® filters are backwashed properly to insure adequate bed expansion and continued service life.ADVANTAGES
- Effective reduction of iron, sulfur and manganese
- Durable material with long service life and low annual attrition of bed
- No chemical regeneration required only periodic backwashing
- Color: black
- Bulk Density: 125 lbs./cu. ft.
- Mesh Size: 8 x 20
- Effective Size: 0.51 mm
- Uniform Coefficient: 1.7
- Specific Gravity: 3.8
CONDITIONS FOR OPERATION
- pH: 6.5-9.0
- Bed depth: application dependent
- Backwash flow rate: 14gpm
- Backwash expansion: 15-30% of bed depth
- 7 gpm service flow rate
- Freeboard: 40% of bed depth (min.)
- Service Flow Rate: Service flow rate is the maximum gallons per minute recommended for obtaining excellent water quality. Exceeding the service flow rate will cause a reduction in the product water quality.
- Backwash Flow Rate: Backwash flow rate is the minimum gallons per minute recommended for proper reclassification of the media or resin. Insufficient backwash flow rate will cause inadequate media or resin reclassification and, over time, may reduce its effectiveness.
- Calculating Your Flow Rate: You will need a watch with a second hand and a 1 or 5 gallon container to measure your flow rate with the instructions below.
- Using the bathtub as the measuring point, open BOTH the hot and cold water faucets completely (If you have a well water supply, wait until the pump kicks on before continuing.)
- Place either a 1 or 5 gallon container under the faucet and measure the amount of time it takes to fill the container in seconds.
- Refer to the chart below. Find the row on the left that contains the size of the container you used to fill with water, either 1 or 5 gallons.
- Then, find the column across the top that is closest to the number of seconds in took to fill the container.
- The value in the table at the intersection of the row and column you determined is your flow rate in gallons per minute.
|Seconds to Fill Container
|Container Capacity (gal)
Not All Water Filter Systems Are Created Equal!
Crystal Quest® water filters remove hundreds of contaminants and LAST A LONG TIME. The unique high capacity and multi-stage design means no more over-priced and less effective water filters with replacement filter cartridges that have to be replaced every 100 to 500 gallons!
Pure Water Essentials offers Crystal Quest® water filtration products because Crystal Quest utilizes the latest technologies in the water industry coupled with 30 years of manufacturing expertise to provide you with high capacity, the most effective, healthiest and great-tasting water conveniently and at the most affordable price. Crystal Quest products are attractive, easy to install and use.
Crystal Quest Water Filter Reviews
The CRYSTAL QUEST® Pitcher Water Filter and Shower Filter were awarded "Best Buys" in the August 2006 issue of Consumers Digest magazine.
The CRYSTAL QUEST® Pitcher Water Filter, Shower Filters, Faucet Mount Water Filters, Countertop Plus Water Filter, Reverse Osmosis Filters, Refrigerator Filters, and Travel Water Filters have been recommended in "The Drinking Water Book - How to Eliminate Harmful Toxins From Your Water" (second edition 2006) by Colin Ingram, on pages 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 134 and 160.